What to get away from it all? A scenic 90-minute ferry ride from neighboring Maui, the secluded island destination of Hotel Molokai presents guests with a worthwhile option when wanting to experience the true essence of ho 'okipa (Hawaiian hospitality). We've compiled the Top 5 reasons you should travel to Molokai this year.
1. Authenticity - Coined as the "Last Authentic Hawaiian Experience," Molokai is a genuine hideaway from all things mainstream. You'll find local cuisine, local people, and local sights and sounds, making your trip genuinely one-of-a-kind.
2. Atmosphere - Or as they say in real estate, "location, location, location." Fashioned after a Polynesian village, the hotel boasts open-air spacious rooms, an oceanfront restaurant and lounge, and beautifully lush landscaped gardens, all set along the coastline of the Pacific Ocean.
3. Relaxation - Molokai encompasses the word "welcome,' and makes leisure an art. Visit the onsite spa for an exhale-worthy massage, manicure or pedicure, and feel truly pampered.
4. Simplicity - When you land, one of the first signs is "slow down, you are on Molokai." Here you'll find no traffic lights. You're invited to set your own pace experiencing the island. Stroll one of the many remote beaches, lose yourself on the sand, hike the rain forests, explore the many waterfalls. Indulge in the true Aloha spirit.
5. Exploration - Make your own adventure, whether it is exploring (by mule, no less) the isolated Kalaupapa National Historical Park, visiting the Molokai coffee plantation, or four wheel-driving through beautiful, rugged terrain. Take a picturesque tour by car or foot, winding through the mountain hills of Kamakou.
-Volume 9 Issue 2 of Tanlines