When planning a trip, budget is often taken into consideration. Travelers save a chunk of money booking with SmarTravel so little splurges here and there with the money saved in booking can often make the trip even more special and enjoyable. Here are five areas of indulgence that SmarTravel approves as “OK” splurges to make your trip over the top.
- Fine dining: Whether you’re traveling 5-star or not, making reservations or stopping by an exclusive restaurant in the city is a once in a lifetime experience that will be totally worth the extra splurge. You’ll leave feeling full and content knowing you got a taste (literally and figuratively) of the best local food scene.
- Spa treatments: Treating your body and mind to a massage or facial can be beneficial and melt away any stress. Booking this type of indulgence on the first or second day of arrival will help you relax even further which will help pave the wave for a smooth rest of your getaway.
- An out of this world excursion: Is swimming with dolphins on your bucket list? What about parasailing? These types of excursions – sometimes pricey - can turn into events that make you say, “I will never forget this moment.” It is worth it to spend the extra dollars and do something you’d never thought you’d do while on vacation.
- Sightseeing: Whether it’s a famous art museum, aquarium or castle, paying the extra few bucks for a ticket is worth it. You learn history about the location and see more of an “artsy” side of things that you not see otherwise. These types of activities really allow you to become immersed with the local culture, and some locations may even offer family discounts.
- Must-do landmarks: Does your vacation destination have the coolest amusement park in its surrounding area? Then, definitely buy a ticket and enjoy the ride. That way, you can go home and share the best advice with friends and family for their next trip, or just share your favorite photos.
A vacation is a true luxury. Whether you’re taking an expensive trip to an exotic location or traveling with your family to a lake or beach, it is possible to splurge a little on things here and there to make the most remarkable vacation memories yet. Vacation is a time to treat yourself to things you may not normally do, so sit back, indulge and enjoy. SmarTravel enjoys helping save you money from the beginning so that the extra cash can be used to indulge further.
Happy vacationing! For more information, please visit SmarTravel’s website.